Lutah Maria Riggs: Jefferson card room (Montecito, Calif.)

adc_169_ff442_01-k.jpg

Description

Mr and Mrs Percival Jefferson owned the 1916 Reginald Johnson-designed house, Miraflores. After her death in 1950, Mr.s Jefferson's friend and secretary, Helen Marso, donated the house and grounds to begin the Music Academy of the West.

Creator

Lutah Maria Riggs, architect

Source

Lutah Maria Riggs papers, Architecture and Design Collection. Art, Design & Architecture Museum; University of California, Santa Barbara.

Date

circa 1940

Rights

Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Copyright restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. University of California Regents.

Citation

Lutah Maria Riggs, architect, “Lutah Maria Riggs: Jefferson card room (Montecito, Calif.),” UCSB ADC Omeka, accessed December 7, 2022, http://www.adc-exhibits.museum.ucsb.edu/items/show/647.