Smith and Williams: Neighborhood Church (Pasadena, Calif.)

adc_175_b43f1416_001-k.jpg
adc_175_b53f1743_002-k.jpg

Description

Prior to 1966, the Neighborhood Church congregation used a sanctuary building at 535 South Pasadena Avenue that had been built in 1887 as the First Congregational Church. In 1946, the church expanded its facilities. Smith and Williams designed a nursery school building called the Children’s House. Following their master plan, Smith and Williams subsequently added the Children’s Chapel and the Religious Education Building.

Creator

Smith and Williams, architects
Julius Shulman, photographer

Source

Smith & Williams records, Architecture and Design Collection. Art, Design & Architecture Museum; University of California, Santa Barbara.

Date

1953-1956

Rights

© J. Paul Getty Trust. Getty Research Institute, Los Angeles (2004.R.10)

Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Copyright restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. University of California Regents.

Collection

Citation

Smith and Williams, architects Julius Shulman, photographer, “Smith and Williams: Neighborhood Church (Pasadena, Calif.),” UCSB ADC Omeka, accessed September 27, 2021, http://www.adc-exhibits.museum.ucsb.edu/items/show/549.